The Importance of Accreditation
Earning a degree from an ABET-accredited program:
- Verifies that the quality of the educational experience you’ve received meets the standards of the profession.
- Increases and enhances employment opportunities.
- Establishes eligibility for many federal student loans, grants, and/or scholarships.
An ABET-accredited program assures prospective students that:
- The institution is committed to improving their educational experience.
- The program is committed to using best practices and innovation in education.
- The program is guided by its industry, government, and academic constituents through formal feedback.
- The program considers the students’ perspective as part of its continuous quality improvement process.
To learn more about why your degree should come from an accredited program, visit http://www.abet.org/accreditation-matters-students/.
Special note for students pursuing the Patent Bar: To be admitted to the exam, you must earn your computer science degree from an accredited program.
Computing Career Information
It’s an exciting time to begin a computing career! Our member organizations have lots of information to help you get started:
Additional Sites for Career Information:
Learn to Code: https://code.org/
Black Girls Code: https://www.blackgirlscode.com/
Find a Mentor: http://www.mentornet.net/
Computer and Software Engineering: http://www.engineergirl.org/what_engineers_do/Hottopics/computers.aspx
Women in STEM: https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/tech-takes/computer-science-engineering-resources-women-stem