It is the policy of CSAB to reimburse its Executive Director, officers, Board representatives, visit observers, and others authorized on official CSAB business for those expenses incurred while traveling or working on behalf of CSAB. Individuals travelling on behalf of CSAB are expected to travel as economically as possible. Unreasonable or unexplained expenses will not be reimbursed.
In rendering expense statements, the following guides should normally be observed:
- Air travel should be tourist class when available. Receipts must be provided.
- Private cars should be used only for short trips, airport travel, etc., or when car sharing makes this alternative more economical.
- Car rental should be used only where economy results or where no other suitable alternative is available. The point of departure and destination should be included on the expense statement and a copy of the rental invoice attached.
- Receipts for hotel accommodations must be submitted with the expense form.
- Individuals should opt for pre-arranged discount housing when available.
- CSAB will not reimburse for extra-occupancy charges where extra occupants are not CSAB-authorized travelers.
- Restaurant meals should be charged at cost including tips.
- Normally, the cost of meals should be individually submitted.
- Receipts submitted for group meals should list all diners.
- Itemized receipts for all meals over $25 must be provided.
- No daily meal expense should exceed $100.00 per traveler.
- Barring special circumstances, CSAB will not reimburse for meals provided to non-CSAB-authorized travelers.
- No more than $25.00 will be reimbursed for unsubstantiated expenses incurred in any given day.
In the case of unusual expenses, the data and nature of the expense should be included.
Combined Travel Purposes:
In cases where business other than CSAB business is accomplished on a trip, travel, living, and other expenses should be allocated and the amount requested from CSAB indicated as “CSAB portion.”
Above Standard Travel and Accommodations:
If it is desired for personal convenience or preference to use accommodations at a class above normal CSAB practice stipulated herein, (e.g., suite vs. single room), receipts should be attached, but the item on the expense report suitably reduced and indicated as “CSAB portion.”
Submission of Expenses
- Use the form found at http://csab.org/travel.html to record all expenses. The form should include
- the to-from dates of expenses reported (“expense period”)
- the purpose of travel (“Board meeting”)
- the full mailing address of the requestor
- a column for each day of expenses
- a signature (electronic accepted) and submission date
- Receipts should be scanned and combined with the expense report to be submitted to email@example.com as a SINGLE PDF file; multiple file attachments in multiple formats will not be accepted.
- Wire transfer is offered to those living and banking outside the U.S. with the wire transfer fee deducted from the total reimbursement (typically $45 USD).
- Expense reports should be processed within 30 business days of receipt.